Become A Member
Download Our Visitors Guide
Download a PDF of our 2022 Visitors Guide or call 1-800-765-7282 to receive a copy by mail.
Explore Schuylkill Membership Benefits
These are some of the benefits you’ll receive through your membership with us!
- Your business, per its membership category, will be listed for free on the Digital Kiosk Wayfinding System where thousands of visitors to Schuylkill County will find our members and even have the ability to send the information to their phone or email to get them directly to you.
- Your business will be listed for free in the Explore Schuylkill Adventure Guide. 100,000 copies are printed and distributed annually through direct mail, travel trade show and marketplace distribution, member businesses, PA visitors’ bureaus, and PennDOT Welcome Centers including Dauphin, Philadelphia, Cumberland, Susquehanna, Luzerne, Lehigh, Chester, Centre, Pike, Bucks, Columbia, Montour, and more.
- Our Explore Schuylkill Adventure Guide and website are marketed through Google to boost your marketing dollars’ power and reach thousands of additional customers!
- You receive a listing on our Explore Schuylkill Website, and we will provide a link to your page….Free. Our website is in the top three for Schuylkill and we always work to maximize SEO.
- We utilize social media extensively including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Flickr promoting our members’ specials, events, and attributes where it counts most!
- Evergreen marketing strategies that work for you! Utilization of social media, influencer relationships, travel writer relationships, strategic and thematic content, video, Top 10 things to do, Top 10 things to do with kids, craft beverage trail, passport to adventure,& much more
Your membership makes you an active part of the industry that averages $150 Million for Schuylkill County and generated $10.7 Billion in Pennsylvania, supporting over 433,000 jobs statewide.
- Referrals EVERY DAY. We’re often the first contact someone has with Schuylkill County. People connect with us looking for hotels, restaurants, shopping, attractions, events, services and things to do.
- Co-Op Advertising Opportunities. We buy space in qualified web sites and publications, and invite members to participate in our advertisements at a cost lower than they would get on their own. These larger ads provide greater impact on the would-be traveler.
- Opportunities to advertise your business in the Explore Schuylkill Adventure Guide at special member rates.
- Trade Show Promotion. We distribute our Adventure Guides and participating members’ material at various Travel, Sports-Outdoor, Camping Shows, bus shows, and conventions throughout the year. Bureau and member materials get into the hands of those interested in traveling to Schuylkill County.
- Marketing Support. Explore Schuylkill is here as an important part of your business’s marketing plan and is an extension of your sales office. Tourists don’t travel to individual attractions, hotels, restaurants, etc.; they travel to destinations, which is what we market Schuylkill County as: a destination. We create customers!
- Special 20% Co-op Rate with Where & When Pennsylvania Travel Guide
- Partnership in the State’s marketing campaign through the bureau’s affiliation with Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association, Upstate PA Regional, and the Pennsylvania Office of Travel, Tourism, and Film Production.
- Affiliation with travel trade associations through Explore Schuylkill’s membership in such organizations as The American Bus Association, NY Bus Association, MD Bus Association, The Pennsylvania Bus Association, New Jersey Bus Association, National Recreation & Parks, PA Restaurant & Lodging Association, PA Recreation & Parks, and more.
- Cooperative efforts with other areas. Explore Schuylkill works with neighboring DMOs (Reading Visitors Bureau, Luzerne County and Lackawanna County Visitors Bureaus, Columbia-Montour Visitors Bureau, Discover Lehigh, PA Capital Region, Philadelphia, Pocono Mountains etc.) to market our region. Members reap the benefits of these partnerships.
- Networking with other businesses whose income depends on the tourist market (individuals, companies, attractions, non-profits, families, groups, campers and sportsmen, business travelers etc.).
- Increased awareness of Schuylkill County in general which benefits all local businesses.
- Opportunities to be highlighted in our monthly Republican Herald advertising campaign as well as being featured in our monthly Republican Herald Column, monthly radio show on WPPA, and paid social media campaigns of all types, including video.
- In 2021, 110,000 people contacted Explore Schuylkill for information about Schuylkill County. You can benefit from that $161,000 we invest in marketing our community and the direct referrals we give our members every day. It pays to be a member!
DUES WILL BE BILLED ANNUALLY.