Old White Church Preservation

Download Our Visitors Guide

Download a PDF of our 2023 Visitors Guide or call 570-622-7700 to receive a copy by mail.

Erected in 1842 by Ringtown Valley settlers and formally named St. Paul’s Union Church.  It is the oldest religious structure in Schuylkill County located north of the Broad Mountain.  This unaltered “meeting house” style structure replaced an earlier log church built circa 1810.  A total restoration project was completed here during the 1990’s.  The historic “Old White Church” was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in April of 1995.  Two active congregations – St. John’s Lutheran Church and St. Pauls United Church of Christ – maintain the premises with the help of volunteers and charitable donations.  Both congregations hold multiple services at the site during the warmer months including an Ascention Day service and Memorial Day service.  

Categories: Community Faith OrganizationsHistorical Attractions / Societies

199 Brandonville Road
Ringtown, PA 17967 

Get Directions



Website

570-889-5039

Return to Business Listings